Gardner Grand Opening
Daylight Donuts of Kansas City Announces Grand Opening of Gardner Location
Store to feature Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies and Sylas & Maddy’s Under One Roof
(Gardner, KS, June 1, 2020) – Just in time for summer, locally owned Daylight Donuts of Kansas City is excited to announce the opening of its newest location in Gardner. Located at 828 East Main Street, this location will bring together three local favorites under one roof – Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies, and Sylas and Maddy’s Ice Cream. The official grand opening is scheduled for June 7. Store hours will be 6a-9:30p, 7 days a week.
“As proud members of the Gardner community, we’re so grateful for the opportunity to help spread a little bit of happiness to people across the area at a time when we can all use a smile,” said Haley Williams, Marketing Specialist for Daylight Donuts of Kansas City. “With people looking to get out of the house more this summer, we couldn’t think of a better way to enjoy time with friends and family than to bring the best donuts, cookies, and ice cream together, all under one roof. Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies and a scoop of Sylas and Maddy’s ice cream is an experience sure to leave anyone smiling – it’s the perfect way to start, and now finish, the best day ever. We hope that what we are bringing to this community provides lifelong memories to all!”
Grand Opening Activities to Include Free Donuts, Cookies and Ice Cream for a Year Drawing; Fundraiser for Gardner-Edgerton High School Zero Reasons Why Program
To celebrate the grand opening, Daylight Donuts KC will be doing drawings for 20 special coupons to giveaway to opening day customers at the Gardner location all day long. The coupon is good for one free donut, cookie, or scoop of ice cream each week for the next year. Daylight Donuts KC will also be hosting a virtual ribbon cutting with the Gardner location at 2pm on June 7, via Facebook Live on its Facebook page.
The Gardner location will also be donating 20% of ice cream and cookie sales from their grand opening week to the Gardner-Edgerton High School Zero Reasons Why program. The six superintendents in Johnson County started the Zero Reasons Why campaign as a way to help teens deal with mental health issues and prevent teen suicide. The GEHS club is run by students and provides in-school activities including stress relief, mental health awareness and encourages community involvement.
Keeping our Employees and Customers Safe
As communities in northeast Kansas work through the state’s COVID-19 re-opening plan, Daylight Donuts KC is going above and beyond all local guidelines to keep employees and customers safe. Safety measures being used include:
· Implementing extra cleaning steps each day throughout the store
· Using social distancing stickers on the floor reminding customers, “Donut forget - Social distance”
· Installing plexiglass in front of the register
· Encouraging employees to wear masks and gloves at all times, as well as frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer
· Using safety sealed stickers to ensure all preorder purchases remain sealed prior to pickup.
Serving Only the Highest Quality Products – Every Single Day
Daylight Donuts KC uses only the best and highest quality ingredients in its products.
· We pride ourselves in the fact that all of our donuts, big and small are; rolled, cut, fried, and decorated by hand. Each of our kitchen employees go through extensive training in the baking process to ensure the highest quality – making these the best donuts around!
· Every Blue Chip Cookie is hand mixed, scooped and baked in-house daily – blended with real sweet and salted butter, premium cane sugar, pure vanilla, the best gourmet chocolates and macadamia nuts, combined with our special gourmet flour. These cookies are the best in the nation.
· Our ice cream is homemade and delivered to us straight from Sylas and Maddy’s, who source the finest ingredients to make the most decadent of treats!
We’re Always Hiring!
Hiring is ongoing at each location as Daylight Donuts KC continues to grow and we are always looking for friendly and reliable people to join the team. Interested candidates may apply online at https://www.daylightdonutskc.com/careers.
About Daylight Donuts of Kansas City
At Daylight Donuts Kansas City (operating stores in Kansas: Leavenworth, Lansing, Basehor, Lenexa, Olathe and Gardner), we do everything that we can to serve the best products with the best ingredients ranging from how we do our preparation each day to the consistency of the glaze and toppings applied. Quality, consistency and freshness are critical focus areas for us. In addition, we know that coffee and donuts go hand-in-hand and we have partnered with the #1 rated coffee in Kansas City and one of the most renowned coffee roasters in the nation. Those beans are then roasted using a convection air-roasting method instead of the more traditional drum-roasting method, to ensure superior consistency and a tastier, smoother cup of coffee. We only use bean grinding and brewing equipment that the Roasterie has recommended to ensure that we are able to serve the best coffee possible. More information is available at www.daylightdonutskc.com.
Haley Williams, Daylight Donuts KC
Neil Getzlow, Glow R+C