Daylight Donuts of Kansas City Announces Grand Opening of Basehor, Gardner and Leavenworth Locations
Stores to feature Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies and Sylas & Maddy’s Under One Roof
(Kansas City, MO, June 1, 2020) – Just in time for summer, locally owned Daylight Donuts of Kansas City is excited to announce the opening of its newest locations in the Kansas City metro area – Basehor, Gardner, and Leavenworth. These locations will bring together three local favorites under one roof – Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies, and Sylas and Maddy’s Ice Cream.
· Basehor, located at 15518 Pinehurst Dr, will be open from 6a-9p 7 days a week, with a grand opening date of June 6
· Gardner, located at 828 East Main Street, will be open from 6a-9:30p 7 days a week, with a grand opening date of June 7
· Leavenworth, located at 323 Elm Street, will be open from 6a-9p 7 days a week, with a grand opening date of June 13
“As proud members of our local communities, we’re so grateful for the opportunity to help spread a little bit of happiness to people across the area at a time when we can all use a smile,” said Haley Williams, Marketing Specialist for Daylight Donuts of Kansas City. “With people looking to get out of the house more this summer, we couldn’t think of a better way to enjoy time with friends and family than to bring the best donuts, cookies, and ice cream together, all under one roof. Daylight Donuts, Blue Chip Cookies and a scoop of Sylas and Maddy’s ice cream is an experience sure to leave anyone smiling – it’s the perfect way to start, and now finish, the best day ever. We hope that what we are bringing to this community provides lifelong memories to all!”
Grand Opening Activities to Include Free Donuts, Cookies and Ice Cream for a Year
To celebrate the grand openings, Daylight Donuts KC will be giving away coupons to 20 customers through day-long drawings at each location on the grand opening day good for one free donut, cookie, or scoop of ice cream each week for the next year. Daylight Donuts KC will also be hosting a virtual ribbon cutting for each location via Facebook Live on its Facebook page. In addition, Daylight Donuts KC will also be donating 20% of ice cream and cookie sales from their grand opening week to local non-profit organizations in each community.
Keeping our Employees and Customers Safe
As communities in northeast Kansas work through the state’s COVID-19 re-opening plan, Daylight Donuts KC is going above and beyond all local guidelines to keep employees and customers safe. Safety measures being used include:
· Implementing extra cleaning steps each day throughout the store
· Using social distancing stickers on the floor reminding customers, “Donut forget - Social distance”
· Installing plexiglass in front of the register
· Encouraging employees to wear masks and gloves at all times, as well as frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer
· Using safety sealed stickers to ensure all preorder purchases remain sealed prior to pickup.
Serving Only the Highest Quality Products – Every Single Day
Daylight Donuts KC uses only the best and highest quality ingredients in its products.
· We pride ourselves in the fact that all of our donuts, big and small are; rolled, cut, fried, and decorated by hand. Each of our kitchen employees go through extensive training in the baking process to ensure the highest quality – making these the best donuts around!
· Every Blue Chip Cookie is hand mixed, scooped and baked in-house daily – blended with real sweet and salted butter, premium cane sugar, pure vanilla, the best gourmet chocolates and macadamia nuts, combined with our special gourmet flour. These cookies are the best in the nation.
· Our ice cream is homemade and delivered to us straight from Sylas and Maddy’s, who source the finest ingredients to make the most decadent of treats!
We’re Always Hiring!
Hiring is ongoing at each location as Daylight Donuts KC continues to grow and we are always looking for friendly and reliable people to join the team. Interested candidates may apply online at https://www.daylightdonutskc.com/careers.
About Daylight Donuts of Kansas City
At Daylight Donuts Kansas City (operating stores in Kansas: Leavenworth, Lansing, Basehor, Lenexa, Olathe and Gardner), we do everything that we can to serve the best products with the best ingredients ranging from how we do our preparation each day to the consistency of the glaze and toppings applied. Quality, consistency and freshness are critical focus areas for us. In addition, we know that coffee and donuts go hand-in-hand and we have partnered with the #1 rated coffee in Kansas City and one of the most renowned coffee roasters in the nation. Those beans are then roasted using a convection air-roasting method instead of the more traditional drum-roasting method, to ensure superior consistency and a tastier, smoother cup of coffee. We only use bean grinding and brewing equipment that the Roasterie has recommended to ensure that we are able to serve the best coffee possible. More information is available at www.daylightdonutskc.com.
Haley Williams, Daylight Donuts KC
Neil Getzlow, Glow R+C